Director of Business Development at Professional Sports Authenticator (PSA)
San Juan Capistrano, CA
Ask me about
Oct 2020 - Present
Collectors Universe (PSA)
Director of Business Development
Jul 2013 - Oct 2020
• An industry leader, SCP is one of the most successful auctioneers and private sellers of sports collectibles, having achieved dozens of world record prices and represented hundreds of prestigious athlete collections (MLB, NBA, NFL, NHL, NCAA, Olympics, etc.). • Oversee business development, editorial, operations, marketing, PR and brand strategy. • Meet revenue goals consistently through multimillion dollar auctions of important sports cards & memorabilia (game-used, rings, autographs, tickets, etc.). • Exceed client expectations with expert analysis and dedicated customer service. • Manage cross-functional departments and execute multiple projects simultaneously. • Set up vendor & consultant contracts and delegate liaisonships to staff. • Lead online auction cycle from start to finish: evaluation--negotiation--acquisition--authentication--documentation--promotion--bid execution--sales transaction. • Research, write & edit content for featured listings in printed catalog and online. • Design catalog layout with accurate implementation of text, photos & pricing. • Orchestrate website updates, digital marketing campaigns and social media tone. • Write press releases and serve as PR spokesman for TV, radio & digital/print media.
Jan 2012 - Jul 2013
Account Manager, Upper Deck Authenticated
• Oversaw e-commerce sales and served as POC for all online fulfillment partners of UDA memorabilia, mainly game-used & autographed by exclusive athletes Jordan, LeBron & Tiger. • Sourced, set up & managed distribution channels including Amazon, eBay & Fanatics. • Activated UDA sponsorship at corporate charity functions, celebrity golf tournaments and championship sporting events (NCAA Final Four & MLS Cup). • Analyzed consumer trends and devised responsive campaigns to consistently move product, meet quarterly goals and drive bottom line growth.
Nov 2010 - Jan 2012
The Upper Deck Company
Product Development, Upper Deck
• Executed creative development of multiple NHL, NCAA, PGA and Marvel-licensed trading card products that generated up to $15 million in revenues per year. • Built player checklists, negotiated autograph rates for athletes, and allocated memorabilia inventory to deliver most cost-efficient, value-driven cards. • Closed over 500 new licensing and signature deals with athletes (current & retired).
Dec 2009 - Nov 2010
Boise Hawks Baseball Club
• Created, sold and fulfilled diversified sponsorship packages including signage, media, promotions and hospitality for Chicago Cubs minor league affiliate. • Managed interns and oversaw game-day operations staff during the 2010 season.
May 2008 - Dec 2009
Major League Soccer
Marketing and Event Operations
• Coordinated event operations, sponsorship activation & corporate hospitality for 2008 MLS Cup, 2009 InterLiga and six Mexican National Team matches during 2008 & 2009 U.S. tours. • Oversaw Fútbol Fiesta, a pre-game festival for official partners of Mexican National Team, serving as POC between stadium officials, local law enforcement and sponsors. • Researched Hispanic consumer market for MLS Digital to improve social media strategy.
May 2007 - Sep 2008
Content Editor and Producer
• Founded in 2006, Yardbarker is one of the largest networks of sports blogs and news sites. It was acquired by FOX Sports Digital in 2010. • Edited official athlete blogs and wrote original sports-related articles. • Awarded "Article of the Week" 7 times as voted on by bloggers and site visitors.
2004 - 2007
Private Mortgage Banker
2003 - 2004
Europa Centro de Lenguas
• Taught English to Spanish students ages 6-14 at local language academy. • Tutored 15-20 Spanish working professionals in private lessons.
2002 - 2003
Residential Mortgage Capital
2007 - 2009
San Diego State University
MBA, Sports Business Management
1998 - 2002
1994 - 1998
St. Ignatius College Preparatory