Design A.I. + Human Systems to Solve Real Problems | CEO & Founder at Skim AI | AI Advisory & AIaaS
New York, NY
We specialize in A.I. advisory, and deploying and maintaining A.I. (AIaaS) on behalf of enterprises for automation of operations and to offer new solutions across language tasks (NLP) and computational photography tasks (CV). Experienced Chief Executive Officer with demonstrated experience working in startups and machine learning / NLP. Speaker on implementing ML / AI strategy for businesses. Previously, an Entrepreneur in Residence at the accelerator Startup Bootcamp IoT & Data in Barcelona. IESE MBA, Class of 2017. Specialties: ML, NLP, CV, AI Product Management, Startups, Corporate Strategy, Product Management, App Development, Research, Speaking, Writing, Investing, Macro-Economic Research and Consulting
Ask me about
Sep 2014 - Present
Skim AI Technologies
CEO & Founder
• Co-founded a Machine Learning / A.I. company to help enterprises deploy A.I. • Acquired customers for AI as a Service offerings across industries including News and digital Content, PR & Communications monitoring, Ed-tech, legal-tech, Photography and Film Studios • Built partnerships with Corporates, Investors and Venture Studios needing AI Advisory • Implemented strategic vision and technology roadmap for specializing in language based tasks (NLP) and computational photography tasks (CV) • Help enterprises implement ML models for classification, data extraction, prediction, recommendation systems, object detection, in-painting, segmentation, color balancing and implemented quality control processes to solve operational challenges and helps teams scale their ability to analyze and process data efficiently with automation. • Built an A.I. enabled Research Management platform used 1,000 individuals in over 60 countries spanning consultants, investors, researchers and academics. • Built a Research Management Platform that uses NLP to aid in finding, storing, synthesizing and retrieving information from news and academic journals. • Manage international development effort, recruit talent and a co-founder with knowledge of ML & NLP, found key partners to provide capabilities and create value for both parties.
Jan 2014 - Present
El Progreso Project
Co-Founder and CFO
• Co-founded a nonprofit to help send kids to college in El Salvador.
Mar 2016 - Mar 2016
VCIC (Venture Capital Investment Competition)
Winner of the 2016 Venture Capital Investment Competition European Regional Final
Nov 2015 - Mar 2016
Entrepreneur in Residence
Served as an Entrepreneur in Residence for the 3 month accelerator program at Startupbootcamp IoT & Data in Barcelona. Assisted 11 startups on an ad-hoc basis. • Implemented A/B testing campaign on Mailchimp for launching a new version of Real Speaker's software to improving conversion rate of downloads. • Refined and developed marketing and business plans for Real Speaker and Intranetum to focus on serving customers who considered service valuable and had the best lifetime value to companies. Improved messages and presentations to resonate with investors.
Aug 2012 - Aug 2014
• Conceived, pitched, and secured financial resources and personnel to launch a mobile offering of firm’s content via an iPad app. The app offers more value to clients by communicating company research and presentations with a controlled user experience that highlights the most important information. The app underlies the company's initiative to develop a low-touch offering for clients. • Created a relational database structure, and a private- and public-company database that is being used to streamline research products by keeping them current and organized digitally. The database is being used to reduce duplicative work and has leveraged employee knowledge more effectively. • Improved and led company use of analytics to understand clients needs and interests. • Shared responsibility for digital strategy and social-media campaigns to increase brand value and drive people to company offerings.
Jul 2012 - Dec 2013
Chief Strategy Officer
• Advised CEO in all matters, including client and investor communications, structuring of offerings to clients, investor pitches and presentations, prioritization of resources and partnerships, general management issues such as the structuring of contracts to align with company needs, and the maximization of intellectual property and company value. • Led marketing initiatives. Set up advertising campaigns, budget and strategy. Used analytics to understand user behavior to inform corporate-development decisions and marketing strategy. • Reworked company focus and business strategy. Developed new offerings, including an analytics report for festival and event clients to demonstrate the value of our platform and consulting services.
Aug 2008 - Aug 2012
• Authored reports and created presentations about various macroeconomic, geopolitical and sociological changes that impact industries and institutions, including oil and gas, retail, media, technology, agriculture, mining, infrastructure, defense, education, state and local governments. • Identified public and private investments, and performed due diligences for private-equity and institutional-investor clients that expand upon how company research suggests an industry will perform as well as highlighted factors that presented opportunities and franchise risk. • Organized relevant market data and news for daily market briefings with head trader. • Recommended trades across various asset classes based upon quantitative factors such as fundamentals, current and historical volatility, seasonality, correlation, market internals, divergences, interest rates and sentiment. Developed and refined quantitative metrics to improve trading processes.
Jan 2007 - Dec 2007
Phi Delta Theta Fraternity, Vanderbilt University
Founder & Treasurer
• Founded and served as treasurer of Phi Delta Theta fraternity. Responsibilities included the creation of an operating budget for the organization and individual committees and creating a system whereby account transactions are catalogued to simplify financial oversight.
Nov 2006 - Dec 2006
• Worked on a consulting project for the Department of Trade and Industry of the United Kingdom. Researched the rail, aerospace, natural gas and telecommunications industries to show the impact of infrastructure liberalization on economic growth and employment within the EU.
May 2006 - Jul 2006
• Worked for a wealth-management team with $500 M in AUM specializing in institutional and individual wealth management.
IESE Business School - University of Navarra
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
2004 - 2008
BA, Economics, Philosophy