Senior Director - Product management @Cashfree | Ex-Zoho | Ex-Chargebee
* 18+ years of IT experience with 12+ years as a Product Manager in the following verticals: Network Management | Fintech | Analytics | Accounting | CRM | Subscription Billing * Part of the exciting journey of bootstrapped Zoho and venture-funded Chargebee from the early stage. * Passionate problem solver of complex and challenging ideas with a strong belief that a well-designed product makes the job of sales, marketing, and customer success a breeze. * Advisor to startups with their Go-to-Market execution plans and pricing strategies.
Ask me about
Nov 2019 - Present
Senior Director - Product Management
Jul 2019 - Sep 2019
Co-Founder, VP Product
Apr 2015 - Jun 2019
Director of Product Management
* Created the Product Management practice at Chargebee as its first Product Manager. * Worked in a cross-functional team across Engineering, Sales, Marketing and Customer Success to build a product that has revenue growth of 600x. * Led both the Product management team and Engineering team (35+ members) for 2+ years. * Recruited and nurtured the product team of 10+ members. * Identified the market needs, prioritized and executed the key features to attain the product/market fit. * Regularly briefed and participated in remote and on-site customer discovery calls. * Closely worked with founders and various stakeholders and manage their product expectations. * Owned and managed quarterly release cycles and yearly roadmaps while closely working with the product engineering team. * Maintained a highly differentiated product while tracking competitive weaknesses and strengths.
Apr 2014 - Mar 2015
Senior Technical Architect
* Performed Product management and Technical Architect roles. * Implemented the first Chargebee metrics dashboard. * During this implementation phase, identified and informed the stakeholders that need to strengthen the core platform for providing meaningful reports to customers.
Apr 2008 - Feb 2014
Member Leadership Staff
* Conceptualized and built ManageEngine Exchange Reporter Plus, a web-based reporting solution for Microsoft Exchange. * Led and managed the big data and performance team of Zoho Reports, an online Reporting and BI service. * Played the role of Product Manager and Technical Architect, helped defining requirements, product differentiation, pricing, sales enablement, and go-to-market activities. * Built a team and provided technical mentorship. * The market impact of these two products is around $50M.
Sep 2004 - Mar 2008
Member Technical Staff
* Product development for NetFlow Analyzer, a web-based bandwidth monitoring tool. Conceptualized and implemented new modules like CBQos (Class-Based Quality of service), NBAR (Network Based Application Recognition), and SFlow monitoring. * Designed and Implemented Single Sign-on process for Integrating NetFlow analyzer with OpManager. * Performed market study, and requirement analysis for new features, while following Agile processes. * Enhanced the performance of the product. * Interacted with customers to understand their use cases and solve their problems.
Jan 2004 - Aug 2004
Engineer - Product Development
* Involved in bug fixing and developing new features in Java SNMP API and SNMP Utilities products. * Converted and released the Java SNMP API stack to C# SNMP API stack.
Jul 2003 - Dec 2003
Engineer - Product Quality Assurance
Responsible for quality product releases of SNMP API and SNMP utilities products.
Nov 2002 - Jun 2003
Engineer Trainee - Product Quality Assurance
* Started my career as a Quality Assurance Engineer. * Responsible for writing test cases, validation and test automation for SNMP API product.
1998 - 2001
Gandhigram Deemed University
MCA, computer science
1995 - 1998
Madurai Kamaraj University
1983 - 1995
St. Mary's Higher Secondary School