CREATIVE SOLUTIONS STRATEGIST with over 30 years experience in the digital media industry.
• 30+ years experience in communications, marketing, sales, strategy & planning, budgeting, research, graphic design, video production, motion graphics, and animation. • Experienced Creative Director running successful teams of graphic designers & video artists. • Experienced Marketing Director representing entire segments of the technology & creative arts industries. • Extensive experience as a training coordinator/instructor, equally comfortable presenting in front of an audience of thousands of persons or in private one-on-one sessions. • Extensive experience as a technology writer including hundreds of magazine articles and step-by-step tutorials written over the last 20 years, as well as several books. • Experienced Director of both Commercials AND Live Events. Very comfortable "running the show" and working with actors/performers plus calling all tech cues, camera shots, graphics+video packages, lighting sequences, audio tracks. • Extensive experience as a Video Editor and Storyteller and in Online Video Streaming, Compression and Distribution. • Widely regarded for public speaking experience as one of the top trainers and presenters on the international stage at some of the largest and most dynamic conferences in the industry. Including: • National Association of Broadcasters Expo, 1998 – present • POST | Production World Conference, 2004 – present • Digital Video Production Workshop, 2002 – 2003 • NAPP Photoshop World East, 1999 – 2012 • NAPP Photoshop World West, 2000 – 2012 • Hawaii Art of Digital Storytelling, 2010 • Wedding & Event Videographers Conf, 2006 – 2012 • Mac Design / Layers Conference, 2002 – 2006 • West Virginia Broadcasters Association Conference, 2004 • Adobe International Training Conference Hawaii, 2004 • TechXplosion 2004 for Church Worship, 2004 • Public Broadcasting System Conference, 2003 • Banff Television Executives Annual Meeting, 2001 • Government Video Expo & Conference, 2001 • Digital Content Creation Conference, 1998
Ask me about
Aug 2018 - Present
Director of Ad Sales and Business Development
Responsible for growing digital advertising sales, while creating new business revenue streams, for this top industry web community with over 1 million unique visitors/members per month. I’m pleased to partner with leading high-tech software and hardware vendors in the film, broadcast, audio, graphics, visual effects, and related industries as we leverage proven strategies to maximize ROI on ad spends and drive effective lead generation together.
Mar 2013 - Present
Ready On Demand, Inc
CREATIVE SOLUTIONS STRATEGIST
Actively running all of the Creative development, both in-house and for clients, for a thriving virtual marketing firm. Leading and Supervising teams of Producers, Editors and Designers who fulfill Client work requests that include: Marketing materials • Promotional items • Graphics of all types• Photography • Basic to Advanced photo edits & manipulation • Motion Graphics & Animations • Video Capture • Video Production & Editing • Website Design... And many, many more types of design requests.
Mar 2012 - Present
Advisory Council for Creative Suite & Creative Cloud
Duties include: • Provide honest feedback on future directions for both Creative Cloud and Creative Suite products • Meet with Adobe's Executive personnel both in person and over web conferencing to provide feedback on future products. • Help refine plans & communications to avoid surprise negative customer reactions and deliver positive outcomes. • Communicate new product offerings across multiple social networks. • Help customers as they transition to new product offerings and subscriptions.
2005 - Present
Independent Contractor / Trainer
• Trainer in the Adobe booth at trade shows and in conferences covering the Adobe Creative Suite (CS) of products. (Adobe Photoshop Extended, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Flash, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe Soundbooth, Adobe Encore, Adobe OnLocation, Adobe Ultra, Adobe Bridge, Adobe Device Central, and other Adobe programs) • Producer of video clips for Adobe marketing on the Adobe CS Production Premium suite of products.
2004 - Present
Future Media Concepts
Independent Contractor / Trainer
• Chairperson for "Photoshop for Video" 3-Day mini-conference inside NAB POST | Production World Conference, 2008 • Trainer for the NAB POST | Production World Conference, 2004 - present • Trainer for the NAB NY POST Conference, 2006
2000 - Present
National Association of Broadcasters
Independent Contractor / Trainer
• Chairperson for "Photoshop for Video" 3-Day mini-conference inside NAB POST | Production World Conference, 2008 • Trainer for the POST | Production World Conference, 2004 - present • Conference Chairperson - Digital Video Production Workshop - 2002 & 2003 • Conference Speaker and Trainer since 2000
Oct 2006 - Oct 2020
GLG - Gerson Lehrman Group
The Gerson Lehrman Group Councils are industry-focused networks of executives, physicians, scientists, engineers, attorneys, market researchers and other professionals from around the world. Members of the GLG Councils are compensated for consulting with global business and investment leaders on topics within their area of expertise. Council MembersSM provide their industry-specific knowledge through telephone consultations, online surveys and in-person meetings, among other consulting methods.
Jul 2016 - Dec 2018
Writer & Producer
Writer of Photographic and Marketing articles. Producer of The Q&A Show | Photofocus podcast. Producer of The Problem Solving Show | Photofocus podcast. Host and Producer of the InFocus Interview Show | Photofocus podcast.
May 2017 - Jul 2018
Director Of Business Development
Responsible for expanding Digital Juice Gear Sales through new and improved distribution channels, as well as, increasing Stock Media Content Sales by placing product in more stock marketplaces. Also, tasked with growing the Stock Media Membership sales, increasing the efficiency of bringing new gear to market more quickly, and updating & improving the companies social media profiles and channels among other duties.
Jan 1994 - Dec 2015
Independent Contractor / Trainer / Director / Author
PhotoshopWorld Conference • AV Director for the Adobe Keynote > 2000-2010 • Trainer on Photoshop Extended, Graphics for video, Motion Graphics > 1999-present PhotoshopUser Magazine – Writer > 2011-Present • Responsible for writing reviews of products and feature stories as assigned. Layers Magazine – Dynamic Media Editor > 2007-2010 • Supervisor of several authors, their columns, and an entire section of the magazine dedicated to the dynamic media applications (Premiere, After Effects, Encore, Audition) of Adobe Systems, Inc. • Responsible for writing reviews of products and a feature story about a digital video subject in every issue of the magazine. Mac Design Magazine – Multimedia Editor > 2000-2006 • Supervisor of several authors, their columns, and an entire section of the magazine dedicated to video editing on the Apple Macintosh computing platform. • Responsible for writing reviews of products and the Digital Video View column in every issue of the magazine. Mac Today Magazine – Featured Video Columnist > 1994-1999 • Responsible for writing reviews & articles on Macintosh and digital video products and services.
Jul 2014 - Aug 2015
Director of Strategic Partnerships
ProductionHUB is an online marketplace that connects businesses with professional content creators to make their projects come to life – from production companies, post houses, and equipment vendors to crew, freelancers & everything in between. Every day, thousands of production professionals of all levels gain new jobs, clients, and projects. It is my job to add value to ProHUBs registered users (who search for creative partners, crew mates and jobs more than 6 million times annually on the ProductionHUB website) by providing training opportunities for our members from various best in class training organizations. With a strong rev-share model and powerful value-adds to the users, I am able to provide benefits to all parties through this partnership.
Nov 2006 - Mar 2013
President / Creative Director
DriveDV, Inc., is a full service multimedia firm, LIVE event producer, and episodic web television development studio. Clients include Fortune 500 companies like Adobe Systems, Professional Membership Organizations like NAPP and DVPA, and Small Businesses and Non-Profit Groups of all shapes and sizes.
Feb 2011 - Oct 2012
Director Worldwide Membership Programs
The CGSociety is the most respected and accessible organization for creative digital artists in the world with over 120,000 active members. This professional CG community supports artists at every level by offering a range of services to connect, inform, educate and promote digital artists worldwide. The Society celebrates, supports, trains and promotes creative digital artists in their local and global communities. We are unbiased in our enthusiastic support of artists and work hard to support them by providing an online community to nurture theim while promoting their work. I am: • Responsible for the implementation and marketing of all membership programs worldwide for the CG Society. • Responsible for all B2B and B2C deals between the membership programs and vendors/service providers. • Responsible for raising awareness of the member artists works and their achievements in the industry. • Responsible for providing members with opportunities to further their careers through education, competition, promotion and the sale of their work. • Responsible for providing members with the best resources, discounts, tools, promotions, exposure and networking of any organization on the planet.
Feb 1998 - Oct 2007
Digital Video Professionals Association (DVPA)
• Responsible for the management, planning and strategy of education about the digital video industry to both consumers and members. • Implemented one of the world’s largest online training university through content creation, licensing and acquisition of other media properties. Currently streaming over 50,000 video files of training to members around the world. • Responsible for new member acquisition and membership renewal for both U.S. and non-U.S. markets. • Led an international team of designers and engineers that worked on web design and development of association materials using the latest distance management procedures and techniques. • Responsible for all Conference and Seminar management including the hiring and scheduling of all conference staff. • Negotiated public appearance contracts with top industry trainers. • Oversaw scheduling and implementation of all classes and activities. • Negotiated contracts with event venues
Jan 1996 - Feb 1998
Power Source Communications
• Managed this successful video production company with four employees and numerous contractors. Served as Creative Director/Production Manager in charge of all digital video production, animation, script writing, and special effects for both broadcast and non-broadcast media. • Specialized in fund raising videos for building programs, motion graphics for television & 3D animation for corporate clients.
Jan 1994 - Dec 1995
Florida Department of Education
• Independent Trainer for the Florida Public School System. • Taught classes in Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Photoshop, Premiere, Pagemaker, Filemaker Pro, Macintosh OS, and many others. • Taught classes in New Technology like networking, wireless networking, video editing, graphic design, digital video, audio visual presentation, etc.
Jan 1994 - Dec 1995
• Taught classes to their Clients on an Independent Contractor status in Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Photoshop, Premiere, Pagemaker, Filemaker Pro, Mac OSX, and many others. • Taught classes in New Technology like networking, wireless networking, video editing, graphic design, dvd authoring, digital video, audio visual presentation, etc.
Jan 1994 - Dec 1995
• Independent Trainer for the Florida Public School System. • Taught classes in Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Photoshop, Premiere, Pagemaker, Filemaker Pro, Macintosh OS, and many others. • Taught classes in New Technology like networking, graphic design, database setup and design, audio visual presentation, etc.
Jun 1991 - Dec 1995
Freelance Designer / Trainer
• Desktop Publishing specializing in graphic design and layout of corporate meeting materials including brochures, annual reports, new product introductions and flyers. • Macintosh training and consulting. • Independent Trainer for the Florida Public School System. • Independent training contractor for National Data Products (NDP)/DataFlex and E-System/Raytheon.
1989 - 1991
Carson Newman University
Double Major in Communication Arts and Spanish Language Proficiency Double Minor in Speech and Broadcasting
1987 - 1989
Saint Petersburg College
1985 - 1987
Clearwater High School
High School Graduation
1973 - 1985
Colegio Internacional de Carabobo
Primary - High School