Head of Growth and Digital Engineering and Strategy at Farmers Insurance
Salt Lake City, UT
“I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious.” ~ Albert Einstein.
Ask me about
Apr 2021 - Present
Head of Growth and Digital Engineering and Strategy
- Leading IT strategy and delivery of our Growth and Customer Experience for our digital Web and Mobile channels for Farmers insurance portfolio: Farmers, Foremost, Bristol West, Metlife P&C - Leading our Engineering team and technologies partnership. - Hiring, mentoring and nurturing Engineering culture and Agile principles.
Jul 2014 - Present
Co-founder - Head of Digital
- Developed all the marketing and branding elements for the startup agency. - Started and leading from scratch the design, architecture and delivery of the website App and Mobile app that improves event and staff management during marketing event. - Designed and built the website and grown organic traffic to thousands monthly sessions. - Very lean and hands-on, I manage a small team of engineers and wear multiple hats (PM, UX designer, Architect, QA...)
Jul 2019 - Apr 2021
Sr. Director of Web and Mobile - Farmers, Foremost, Bristol West Digital
Responsible for Web and Mobile Apps for Farmers, Bristol West and Foremost Insurance. (Technology roadmap, Engineering, Budget...) - Leading team of 100+ rock stars Directors, Managers, Architects, Web and Mobile Engineers (Angular, iOS, Android), Product owners, Scrum masters. - Increase Farmers tNPS by 18% in 1.5 year. - Nurture quality and performance engineering: Led cloud migration and modernization efforts that improved login performance from 15sec to 2 sec in Mobile app. - Increased Agility and speed to market by building Web and mobile reusable component and white labelled apps - Driving Digital and SAFe Agile Transformation by coaching team members and stakeholders. - Implemented A/B testing capabilities and strategy to enable data driven decision making. - Fostering DevOps and Engineering best practices within the team and evangelizing them to the rest of the organization.
Jun 2017 - Jul 2019
Director of Mobile
Lead delivery of Farmers Mobile portfolio: Farmers and Bristol West flagship apps (B2C), and several internal apps. Highlights: - First team to implement full CI/CD to enable no downtime deployments. - Implemented data analytic and A/B testing technology and strategy. - Improved Farmers flagship app tNPS from 45 to 59 and to 4.8 stars ranking. Others: - Build and nurture an amazing team of engineers and product managers. - Partner with Marketing and other business Unit to drive Farmers Mobile Strategy. - Lead Agile transformation across Digital Marketing dpt. - Manage third party vendors.
Feb 2016 - Jun 2017
Sr. Product Manager, Mobile
Highlights: - Building an engineering team: hiring, mentoring, enabling mobile developers. - Driving Agile transformation throughout the organization by optimizing process and helping other teams becoming more Agile - Agile evangelist: Organizer and speaker at our internal Agile meetup. Others: - Lead and manage a cross-functional project team responsible for developing mobile products. - Drive the mobile project and be responsible for every phases of the development lifecycle. - Translate business requirements into user stories and actionable tasks. - Initiate proper data collection and analytics.
Sep 2013 - Feb 2016
Two Roads Software.
Director of Product Management and Marketing
- Brought to market a B2B FinTech application, OBSERV that helps financial firms reduce compliance risk. - Converted beta users into customers by turning feedback from usability testing into innovative features. - Doubled team velocity by implementing, training the team, and managing scrum agile development. - Increased product quality and on-time releases by implementing QA and release management processes. - Generated new leads from conferences by analyzing prospect pains and pitching the product to solve customer pain points. - Led a team of 10+, including designers, developers, and testers (in-house and third parties).
Sep 2012 - Sep 2013
Two Roads Software LLC
Product Marketing Manager
- Developed and executed Go-to-Market strategies for a B2C Android app, Xonomail, and a B2B SaaS application, OBSERV, with very limited budget. - Boosted mobile app downloads from 100 to 2,000 in 3 days with a PR campaign that generated 100+ mentions. - Built website and grown organic web traffic from 0 to tens of thousands monthly sessions using a variety marketing campaigns including: product video, SEO, webinars, newsletter, blogging, social media, conferences... - Hired, mentored and led a team of 5+ marketers, copywriters, and designers. (in-house and third parties).
May 2012 - Sep 2012
Two Roads Software LLC
MBA Marketing Intern
- Product Management: Assist developers to design mobile App - Conduct customer survey, product testing, review and more to define the keys features and meet customer needs. - Complete literature reviews From Gartner Consulting researches - Develop MKT plan and Go to Market Strategies to launch mobile App. - Create and develop Two Roads software and mobile application brand image and online presence in an integrated way (including SEO, Social media, blogs...)
Jul 2008 - Aug 2010
Export Account executive
- Handled EUR 3,000,000 monthly sales forecast for B2B accounts within 15 countries in EMEA. - Coordinated with factory, transportation and customs to insure on time system deliveries.
Sep 2007 - Jul 2008
Project Manager Associate
- Modernized the ‘Sales support’ extranet site, which led to a 25% reduction in phone/ email support requests. - Hosted weekly international client visits providing factory tours and product presentations. - Created and refined marketing collaterals based on marketing research and client feedback.
2007 - 2008
Dub Sound Production
Concert Production Company: - Sold-out concert tickets using several marketing and PR campaigns. (email, Radio, Flyer, Poster...) - Successfully and securely planned and executed operation and logistics during events.
2010 - 2012
Saint John's University - Peter J. Tobin College of Business
Master of Business Administration (MBA), Marketing
2004 - 2008
Université Lyon 1 (France)
Bachelor's degree, Project Manager, Renewable Energies, HVAC
2006 - 2007
Globe Institute of Technology