Product at Coinbase
New York, NY
Experienced product leader with a successful track record developing analytics and productivity products for companies in startup/private/public stages. I started my career as a mechanical engineer, where I learned how to build and integrate complex systems for mission-critical use cases. I then shifted to consulting, where I developed long-term strategic plans for large organizations in need of transformation. Today, I develop new products and lead cross-functional initiatives to drive economic results through building cohesive cultures, defining product design and strategy through rigorous analysis, and a strong bias for action. Specialties: Product management, product strategy, product marketing, enterprise SaaS, web/mobile/tablet user interface and user experience design, data analytics, machine learning, artificial intelligence, marketing automation, mobile, apps, engineering management, finance, technology, energy, entrepreneurship, corporate strategy, management consulting.
Ask me about
Oct 2020 - Present
Sep 2020 - Present
Mentor and Judge
Jul 2020 - Present
Product School is a global leader in Product Management training with a community of over one million product professionals. As a featured speaker, I help inspire the next generation of Product Managers to create innovative products and apply best practices in their work.
Jun 2020 - Present
Leading machine learning product development
Jun 2020 - Present
Mentor, WeWork Labs
Jun 2018 - Present
GLG (Gerson Lehrman Group)
Dec 2019 - Jun 2020
Senior Product Manager, Growth Platforms
• Product lead within the Growth Tech division. Responsible for developing new systems and processes to enable international growth across SMB and Enterprise business lines. Current focus areas include: Self-Serve at WeWork.com, ML/AI Models for Scoring (Churn, LTV), and Sales Infrastructure.
Feb 2018 - Dec 2019
Product Manager, Growth Platforms
• Designed and launched a new internal inventory reservation tool to streamline the process of reserving space prior to deal close; integrates with Salesforce and provides higher visibility into office availability across the entire organization. Reduced sales velocity by 10% for deals in the Enterprise segment. • Lead end-to-end development of a lead scoring model to help prioritize outreach to new leads; responsible for a 25% increase in conversion by inbound sales teams in North America and EMEA sales regions. • Led the development of new pipeline management and sales reporting workflow and strategy for Enterprise sales teams; facilitated 200% growth in Enterprise sales in 2018-2019.
Jan 2017 - Feb 2018
• Product lead for a multi-platform goals-based onboarding application aimed at discovering wealth management and banking needs as part of an ambitious new digital strategy for the firm. • Developed banking insights module for a new machine-learning driven dashboard aimed at highlighting and prioritizing opportunities for financial advisors. Conducted market research and created process flows, product requirements, business automation rules, and test cases. • Managed the MVP design and implementation of Salesforce CRM platform for private bankers; initial results yielded a 5x increase in the number of leads tracked, enabling higher sales velocity and client satisfaction.
Feb 2015 - Dec 2016
• Interfaced with domain experts, developers, and data scientists to develop sales enablement, energy reporting, and monitoring and alerting features, integrating them into FirstAudit and FirstEngage products, during during 6-week sprint cycles. • Managed the scoping and development of end-use disaggregation and Energy Star portfolio features into customer engagement product for two new large and strategic clients (annual contract value > $5mm). • Developed technical and market requirements for for demand analysis and savings calculation features; created prototypes and defined business value, user stories, data requirements, and interaction flow. • Led the on-time and on-budget delivery and implementation of a B2B SaaS-based analytics and customer intelligence platform for major utilities in the Western U.S. Ensures that the platform is configured to meet customer needs, helps onboard new users, aggregate success metrics, and acts as a voice of customer within the organization. • Worked alongside Sales team to develop personas for key buying influences and to create customer-focused interactions that lead to contract renewals and expansions.
Apr 2013 - Feb 2015
Energy Systems Engineer
• Developed and refined disaggregation and recommendation engines, alongside developers and data scientists, to improve margins and increase throughput, for an analytics platform that enables remote energy assessments of commercial buildings, at 10% of the cost of an on-site audit. • Led webinars to present results of remote assessments, regularly having to translate complex technical concepts into actionable money-saving strategies, and document voice of customer. • Supported marketing, regulatory, and sales teams by analyzing datasets and tracking platform usage metrics to derive insights that foster thought leadership in the energy industry and generate sales leads.
Apr 2011 - Apr 2013
• Expanded capabilities of Beacon Commercial, ICF’s proprietary suite of Microsoft Excel and web-based analytics tools. • Led development of commercial building energy efficiency studies for municipal and utility clients seeking to change their energy mix and utilize cleaner fuels and renewables by 2020-2030. • Designed energy efficiency programs for utilities to reduce electricity demand by 20-40% by 2050. Model the cost-effectiveness of various program adoption scenarios to ensure fairness to all stakeholders. • Collaborated with a large federal agency to design next-generation operations facilities and develop a new sustainable energy standard and building design guidebook.
Apr 2008 - Apr 2011
• Designed a multitude of heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems for new buildings and renovation projects of varying size and complexity in the commercial and institutional building sectors. Worked day-to-day alongside professionals of other disciplines to ensure a robust design from the start, utilizing 3D modeling software. • Performed life-cycle cost analyses of prospective design options to thoroughly determine the financial and environmental benefits and drawbacks. • Migrated energy modeling workflow and software suite for mechanical discipline to more advanced methods, allowing design team to more accurately and cost-effectively model performance of complex buildings.
2015 - 2018
Carnegie Mellon - Tepper School of Business
Master of Business Administration, Finance and Operations
2003 - 2008
University of Michigan
Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering