Co-Founder / CTO at Hot Mic
Ask me about
Apr 2019 - Present
Hot Mic Inc.
Co-Founder / CTO
I currently lead all product definition, design, development, QA, and technical support activities. Architected and built the initial PoC proving out a solution for 2nd screen synchronization. Hired and supported a team of designers, mobile and web developers through initial product launch.. Worked with the team to scale the platform to support 30k active users with irregular usage spikes. Sole developer of all backend services and APIs.
Feb 2018 - Apr 2019
Technical Program Manager - Live Video Platform
At Facebook I worked closely with software engineers, product managers, designers, and executive team to align, execute, and deliver on the roadmap for Facebook Live APIs and production tools. This work led to enabling high quality, professional live video to be delivered through facebook. - Collaborated with product and engineering management to identify the highest value projects. - Led architecture discussions with developers across product, platform, and infrastructure engineering teams. - Led the day-to-day execution of engineering efforts by supporting the needs of developers, as well as many other constituents. - Delivered key projects which led to a live video platform with greater security, reliability, and compatibility with existing standard infrastructure.
Apr 2017 - Dec 2017
Senior Product Manager, VR Ecosystems
• Led immersive media format specification strategy and requirements, enabling the creation and delivery of next generation VR/AR/MR experiences. • Enabled the first broadcast partner to deliver 4K per eye stereoscopic 360 video with viewport adaptive streaming, leveraging Nokia format specifications and technologies. • Defined the strategy, requirements, and development for the Nokia’s VR/360 video reference transcoder.
Jan 2014 - Mar 2017
Senior Engineering Manager, Broadcast Products
• Led development of broadcast products that would enable the launch of Dolby’s next generation audio experiences. • Worked with stakeholders to define, justify, and prioritize product requirements. • Collaborated with manufacturing, customer support, quality assurance, sales, and marketing throughout the development process to ensure successful product launch. • Collaborated with product management on product roadmaps, market requirements and product requirements. • Communicated status reports, challenges, and solutions to executive teams. • Grew and led a team of engineers to effectively execute demanding product roadmaps.
Jan 2012 - Jan 2014
Engineering Manager, Broadcast Products
• Promoted to grow and lead a team of hardware and software engineers through the full lifecycle development of professional broadcast products. • Led the development and deployment of Dolby’s HDMI reference decoder (DP580), used to validate the authoring of Dolby Atmos on Blu-ray Discs.
Dec 2007 - Jan 2012
Senior Software Engineer, Broadcast
• Software Lead and Architect for the Dolby Reference Decoder (DP580). • Designed and implemented a real-time audio/video processing framework supporting a variety of audio and video formats, over a variety of interfaces. Product key in rolling out Dolby Digital Plus. • Responsible for ensuring full requirements coverage, excellent usability, and high product quality.
Nov 2005 - Dec 2007
Software Engineer, Cinema
• As a Software Engineer, contributed to the development of Dolby’s Digital Cinema Decoder. • Quickly learned the software system, and was able to solve key bugs, as well as implement new features.
Aug 2004 - Nov 2005
• Embedded Software Engineer focused on avionics systems and tools. • Contributed to the configuration management tool used to configure the computing components of the Boeing 787 Dreamliner, reducing the configuration time from hours to minutes.