Internetz and such.
Los Angeles, CA
My name is Jovin Cronin-Wilesmith. Currently, leading some exciting product initiatives at GoodRx. Previously: • built the Platform horizontal @ Dave. • co-founded and led Product @ Stem. • designed and engineered experiences @ Mediaocean. I’ve had the honor of being awarded a place on the 30 Under 30 List by both Forbes and Inc. My strengths include product strategy, roadmap management, partner integrations, statistical analysis, user-centric design, rapid prototyping, and user research.
May 2020 - Present
Lead Product Manager
Jun 2019 - Present
Startup Artclub is an LA-based studio specialized in product & brand design for the tech world. We’ll cover all your digital product needs. Additionally, we help startups build out their Product, Engineering, and overall strategy. • Launched full infrastructure via Google Cloud Platform using Kubernetes, Terraform, and CloudSQL. • Developed initial user research strategy through the use of clickable prototypes, surveys and small focus groups. • Worked on improving user experience by identifying and changing confusing messaging, incomplete application flows, and hidden functionality. • Identified initial support channels and determined the chain of command for newly reported issues. • Created operating models, pitch decks, and Go-To-Market strategy for investor pitches
Dec 2018 - May 2020
Dave - Banking For Humans
Worked to improve our users' relationship with money and better their financial lives. In my time at Dave: • Built and grew the Platform product area from 3 members to 21 members. • Built and implemented strategic roadmap for the movement to Service Oriented Architecture • Launch and administered Dave’s first data warehouse via Snowflake and Fivetran integrations • Partnered with Data Science to create and launch the first underwriting and repayment machine learning models. • Scaled total advance processing volume from $30MM to $100MM+ per month. • Negotiated and closed several deals with 3rd party partners resulting in a reduction of $700,000 worth of costs. • Lead, collaborated, and formulated OKRs for the Platform product area. • Built product management processes for, but not limited to, initiative discovery, system design, RCAs, and technical requirements.
Jan 2018 - Oct 2018
Stem Disintermedia Inc.
Co-Founder & VP, Product Development
• Partnered with sales and marketing to maximize the revenue of our company by bringing enterprise-level product offerings to market. • Managed and maintained the overall product roadmap and worked with Product Managers/Designers to delivered product & design specific OKRs. • Led volume data integrations with Spotify, Apple, Youtube and Amazon using technologies like REST APIs, XML Feeds, and static file ingestion. • Led experience design and developed a cutting-edge expense tracking system to facilitate the disbursement of advanced and pro rata payments. • Managed a team of 20 engineers, content operations, product managers, and designers. • Led pricing research initiative with a team of sales reps, analysts, and product managers that ultimately broke our customers into four unique segments and allowed us to move levers to increase gross margin further.
Jul 2016 - Jan 2018
Stem Disintermedia Inc.
Co-Founder & Head of Product
• Helped grow the team to 47 employees across multiple internal functions including supply chain, product design, and support. • Developed Stem’s internal product manager & product designer frameworks which included first principles, clear product philosophy, processes for prioritization and user research. • Oversaw the development and deployment of Stem’s version 2 ground-up rewrite that led to nearly a 10x in the growth of YoY revenue. • Led & launched ACH & Swift payments integration with payment provider Qwil and was responsible for the launch of auto cash-out, which allowed users to take funds up to a week before they were through the banking process. • Led Go-To-Market on supply chain integrations with 15 direct partners through the development of custom XML feed generators. • Designed and built the 1st service to offer revenue splits & payment insight to all parties in the creative process for digital content creation.
Sep 2014 - Jun 2016
Stem Disintermedia Inc.
Co-Founder & Design Director
• Defined the roadmap for core experiences, set measurable and aggressive goals, and developed the long-term vision by quantifying demand and coordinating qualitative research with future user base. • Designed, prototyped, and developed version 1 of Mobile, Web and REST API of the Stem financial software. • Designed the first Stem design system to be used by front end developers, product managers, and user experience designers.
May 2014 - Apr 2015
Digital Experience Lead
• Product lead for all corporate websites, intranet, and digital marketing for Mediaocean • Managed teams of web developers, systems administrators and product marketers to meet project deadlines such as microsites, analytics dashboards, and product redesigns. • Responsible for design and development of 1 Corporate Marketing Dashboard and 2 Product Marketing Dashboards builtin Haml, Sass, and JS. • Designed and developed the UI for the company’s new Alfresco module and new Corporate Intranet.
Dec 2013 - May 2014
Lead Web Designer / Developer
• Project manager for all web development, graphic design, and art direction for 1800postcards.com and subsidiaries. • Managed team of web developers, designers, and marketers to meet product deadlines. • Led front-end web development using HTML5 and CSS3 working with jQuery/jQuery mobile in conjunction with a .NET CMS. • Created a seamless UI/UX customer experience for a high traffic e-commerce website through desktop, mobile, and smartphone app interfaces
Jul 2012 - Dec 2013
Digital Marketing Manager
• Managed marketing for over $1,000,000 of commercial deals • Generated an average 150-200 organic leads per month through online marketing • Increased ABG Commercial Advisors on Marketing Grader from 56% to 85% • Migrated entire company to cloud-based collaboration tooling, scheduling and emailing via Google Apps. • Ran and Constructed the ABG Commercial Advisors Internship Program that deals with a heavily formatted curriculum to benefits both the interns and the company. • Developed and build the brand image for ABG realty through effective marketing campaigns on numerous social platforms, SEO optimized website development, and email marketing. • Conducted market research and identify key elements to capture market share for our Boutique commercial real estate through the use of analytics platforms such as Google Analytics, Quantcast, Alexa, and SEOmoz.
May 2011 - Jul 2012
• Employee number 1 and helped roll out the first brick and mortar pricing model for the business resulting in a cash flow positive business in the first two quarters. • Established personal relationships in the local Cambridge community such as members of the MIT Media Lab & Harvard Graduate Design School.