I utilize my global experience to help organizations with growth, strategy & management.
Bi-lingual (English-Spanish) senior management professional. Business focus has been on the operation and development of distribution channels and retail sites, both online & offline. My responsibilities have required extensive work in more than 35 countries worldwide. By experience and temperament, I excel and thrive on start-up and expansion operations. Specialties: Operations, Business Development, Strategy, Finance, Human Resources, Recruitment, Marketing, Auditing, Due Diligence, and Acquisitions.
Ask me about
Jan 2021 - Present
Feb 2020 - Mar 2021
Aug 2014 - Jan 2020
• OPERATIONS: Management, Mentoring, Strategy, Metrics, KPIs & OKRs, Workforce Planning • FINANCE: Accounting, AP, AR, Budgeting, Controlling, Procurement, Suppliers • HR: Employer Branding, Recruitment, Benefits, Compensation, Company Culture • LEGAL: Compliance, Contracts, Health & Safety, Litigation • Operational excellence: fully compliant in all areas, mitigating all business threats • Consolidated Accounts Receivables: USD 1M recovered • Recruitment, onboarding, and training to grow a multicultural team from 10 to 100 people • Full integration of business processes into Gartner Inc. for 20 functional areas • Co-managed due diligence for acquisition of GetApp.com • Lead full Financial & Legal audit of business in preparation for company sale
Nov 2011 - Aug 2014
COO & CFO
• Manage company operations and business development as Chief Operating Officer • Perform all standard finance responsibilities as Chief Financial Officer • Full P&L responsibility • Manage an international team of 130 people in multiple locations • €9M in incremental revenues in 34 months • Increased national presence from 4 to 8 operating units • Launched Customer Center in China to increase market share from 8% to 25% • Reduced fixed costs by 10%, and variable costs by 18%
Jun 2011 - Nov 2011
Director, Strategy & Digital Marketing (interim role)
• Consolidate brand via Digital Marketing and Social Media • Define and implement the growth strategy for the company • Increase international presence via new partnerships and strategic alliances • Mentor a team of 10 people • Business Plan: 2011 - 2012 • Design and launch of new corporate website and blog
May 2010 - May 2011
Director, Sales & Digital Marketing
• Achieve annual growth, efficiency, and EBITDA revenue targets • Increase profitability of accounts for small and medium-sized businesses • Launch and training in all new online products • Manage a team of 15 Sales Managers and 100 Account Executives • €26M in Sales revenues (2010) • €720K in incremental revenues from Google Adwords (2010 - 2011) • Award for Google Adwords Sales received at Google HQ in Dublin (2010)
Jan 2008 - Apr 2010
Director, Distribution & Digital Media Sales
• P&L accountability for Distribution & Digital Media business units • Create distribution channels for all lastminute.com products via white labels with: Air France, Carrefour, Fnac, Iberia, La Caixa, and Vueling • Increase Digital Media CPM annual revenues and penetration of Media Agencies • Generate additional revenues through CPA and CPC advertising campaigns • Manage a multicultural team of 20 people • Distribution targets exceeded: €24M (2008) and €37M (2009) • E-voucher initiative: generated additional €5M in volume (2008 - 2009) • Digital Media targets exceeded: €1M (2008) and €1.35M (2009) • Google AdSense and Rate Finder implemented: €350K in incremental revenues (2009)
Mar 2006 - Aug 2007
New Horizons CLC, Inc.
Director, International Marketing & Business Development
• Develop imaginative marketing plans and monthly promotions for 10 international markets • Design and develop customer acquisition and retention programs • Define marketing and sales strategies for all international markets • Manage a remote team of 30 people • €8M in Sales revenues • €1M in Master Franchise License fees • Increased international presence from 4 to 10 operating countries
Jun 2003 - Dec 2005
Sylvan Learning, Inc.
Regional Director, EMEA
• Responsible for regional budget • Create annual Management Plans for 10 countries in EMEA • Approve annual Marketing Plans and Sales Campaigns for all markets • Manage a remote team of 50 people • Annual targets exceeded: €50M, €54M & €59M (2003, 2004 & 2005) • Corporate Sales program: generated additional €5M in revenue (2004 & 2005) • Lead ISO 9001: 2000 certification: generated additional €2M in revenue (2004) • Debt consolidation from Master Franchisees: €3.6M recovered (2003 & 2004)
Jan 2000 - May 2003
Sylvan Learning, WSI
Director, International Business Development
• Gather intelligence to determine potential and select new markets • Target investment candidates, cultivate interest, and pre-qualify as business partners • Compile Strategic Plans and Business Models for new markets • Define Launching Campaigns and Pricing Policies • €3M in revenues from Master Franchise License fees • International presence increased from 12 to 26 operating countries
Apr 1998 - Dec 1999
Sylvan Learning, Inc.
Manager, International Operations & HR
• Provide operational support for all new international territory launches • Produce content and deliver all Management, Sales, and Service training courses globally • Document business best practices in Training, Corporate Identity, and Infrastructures manuals • Recruitment and Training for teams in new Master Franchisee operations • Implemented standardized HR management policies in 12 countries • Designed proprietary software for team management and client follow-up
Universidad de Zaragoza
University of Portsmouth
BA (Combined Honours)