Principal Scientist at Bristol Myers Squibb
Jersey City, NJ
I have experience implementing Augmented, Virtual, and Mixed Reality (AR/VR/XR) technology solutions within different workflows and enabling remote communication and collaboration. The importance is seen in using these technologies in ways such as optimizing documentation (scanning barcodes and hand-free voice-to-text/imaging methods), remote troubleshooting & support, providing created procedures and training through the combination of visualizations, text, and immersive environments. I have further experience in evaluating spectral in-line probes for real-time analysis that include Raman spectroscopy, capacitance, and turbidity probes. These real-time analytics allow for close monitoring of essential nutrients and other components in bioprocesses. In addition, I have had experience in cell culture upstream process development, which include batch and fed batch evaluations utilizing a variety of techniques, such as DOE evaluations. Furthermore, I have expertise scaling up processes in various sized bioreactors vessels for development and optimization of processes for large-scale manufacturing. I have worked with deep-well plates and minibioreactor systems such as the TAP Ambr that mimic mid-scale bioreactors. Furthermore, I have experience in promotions and marketing in developing and maintaining new contacts. I have experience attending trade shows and events to promote companies and their affiliated events. With these contacts, I have then organized collaborations and work relationships. I have experience coordinating and setting up events that involve various companies.
Ask me about
Sep 2020 - Present
Bristol Myers Squibb
• Works alongside a team in the department of Engineering Technologies utilizing novel technologies in GMP and GLP settings for aseptic and non-aseptic techniques. • Incorporate and evaluate digital technology to improve and optimize processes. Digital engineering solutions include remote telepresence, augmented / virtual reality (AR/VR/XR) technology, and automation. • Utilize real-time analytical spectroscopy (i.e. Raman) to support bioprocess and product understanding. • Support drug production from early to late product development utilizing real-time analytical solutions. • Investigate, develop, validate, implement, and transfer developed analytical solutions that monitor and control bioprocesses.
Jan 2016 - Present
Food Blogger for @thenobelfoodie
• Extends my passion for food into a visual account since many friends have asked me for restaurants recommendations and what should they eat! • Built for others learn about my favorite foods and businesses • Helps promote promising businesses and provide awareness to others on what they offer • Posts food recommendations during travel • Never posts food I personally do not like! • Works with restaurants and brands that I enjoy • Creates lasting connections with businesses, fellow foodies, and followers in the subject of food! https://www.instagram.com/thenobelfoodie/
Aug 2011 - Present
Video Game Industry Liaison
• Develop and maintain contacts with Indie Developers and companies within the video game industry. • Attend events to promote and market Otakorp's events. • Organize and facilitate the involvement of video game companies with events. • Assistant Gaming Head of the Otakon's Gaming Hall. • Assists in the layouts of Gaming Hall. • Oversee and assist in managing Gaming Hall volunteers. • Assist in general operations of the Gaming Hall such as set-up, tear down, tournaments, etc.
Jun 2005 - Present
Universal Animation Inc. / AnimeNEXT!
Industry Relations Lead
• Develop and maintain contacts with companies within the anime, tabletop, and video gaming industry. • Attend events to promote and market Universal Animation's annual event, AnimeNEXT!. • Organize and facilitate the involvement of various companies with events. • Assistant in AnimeNEXT! Game Room. • Oversee and assist in managing volunteers. • Assist in general operations of the Industry-related areas such as Dealer's Room & Game Room.
Nov 2014 - Sep 2020
Mar 2012 - Nov 2014
• Works alongside a team of research scientists in the department of Upstream Process Development utilizing GMP and GLP aseptic techniques. • Thaw and expand cell-lines for development studies. • Perform fed-batch, shaker flask processes to evaluate clones and perform media and feed optimizations. • Perform upscale process evaluations on WAVE, 3L, 5L, and 40L bioreactors. • Perform cell culture harvesting and filtration evaluations. • Design and execute cell culture processes and perform subsequent up and down scale qualification studies. • Obtain and manage cell banking, including MWCBs, DCBs, & EPCs. • Prepare and present periodic progress reports (written and/or oral) to colleagues and upper management.
May 2007 - Apr 2012
Emergency Medical Associates (EMA)
Clinical Information Manager
• Accompanies Emergency Department physicians to patient rooms and obtain the medical history of present illness • Ensures patient diagnostic tests are promptly performed. • Monitors the patients’ test results and inform physicians when to follow-up with them. • Creates, transcribes, codes, and completes patient medical records electronically
Jun 2010 - Dec 2010
3D Biotek, LLC
• Works with research scientists and performs research experiments with 3D scaffolds through cell culture. • Addresses customer requirements and needs of product to conduct proper research studies. • Maintain/count/increase cell stocks that include stem cells, cancer cell lines (MCF-7, HepG2) and 7F2 osteoblasts for experiments through growing, detaching, passing, and freezing cells for future use. • Perform 2D and 3D comparative cell studies independently on samples that include Von Kossa staining, Phallodin staining, DAPI staining, DNA assay, Calcium Deposition Assay, CytoToxGlo Cytotoxicity Assay, CytoTiter-Glo Luminescent Cell Viability Assay, and SEM preparation. • Maintain/seed/obtain cell samples from 3D scaffold bioreactor to perform comparive 2D vs 3D studies. • Procedures were documented in a laboratory notebook and results were presented to upper management and customers.
Jan 2009 - May 2009
• Worked alongside Dr. Richard Goldberg & Kevin Caves in teaching Devices for People with Disabilities • Assist students who were required to create a device that catered to the needs of a disabled individual • Aided in the students’ design process in the lab and communication process with clients
Jan 2008 - May 2008
• Worked alongside Dr. Bruno Mantilla in teaching Human Physiology II • Assist in the organization of class lectures, assignments, and labs, along with creation of exams and grading • Tutor students that needed assistance within the class
May 2005 - May 2007
Clara Maass Medical Center
Patient Access Representative
• Interviews and admits all patients in accordance with hospital policy. • Ensures accurate collection of patient information. • Responsible for pre-registration, collecting all applicable co-pays, deductibles and co-insurance. • Verifies insurance through HDX system.
2008 - 2009
Master of Science, Biomedical Engineering
2004 - 2008
New Jersey Institute of Technology
Bachelor of Science, Biomedical Engineering